Thursday, August 1, 2013

Volume...Medium

Two posts in one day!  That hasn't happened in a long time.

This morning Jacob wanted to play a game on the PBS Kids website.  It's from the show Fetch with Ruff Ruffman and the game has you create your own roller coaster ride.    


I set him up with the computer and he pointed and said something I couldn't quite understand.  It sounded like "museum" and I was thinking maybe there was a museum game he wanted to play.  So I said "museum?" He tried again.  "Medium."

I sat down next to him to try to figure it out.  Once I was seated he said..."Volume...medium.  Down, please."  The volume was turned up pretty high from the night before...I listen to books with the girls and for some reason we have to turn it way up in order to hear.  


 I can't even tell you how pleased I was to hear him use those words..."volume" and "medium."  Jacob gets by on as few words as he can and he almost always picks the simplest ones.  Lately his therapy program has really, REALLY been pushing him to use full sentences and we have been requiring more language as well.  It is so nice to see it working.  :)

Isn't he the cutest ever?  I could look at his angelic smiling face all day long.  He is beginning to look a lot less like a little kid and more like a pre-teen though.  Boo.

No comments: