We're getting ready for tomorrow...Natalie and I just made some glittery, pasted red white & blue stars for the wall (she sang Happy Birthday America while we worked!) and Chris is out doing the grocery shopping. He and Natalie bought fireworks this afternoon. I am printing up recipes. Woohoo!
Some of the recipes we're using for tomorrow:
- Lunch will be fried chicken, biscuits, and hopefully corn on the cob from the garden. I use the Chicken Fried Chicken recipe from All Recipes but I haven't been able to get on their site today for some reason. I hope it's up and running tomorrow! It is our favorite fried chicken!
- For dinner we're doing hamburgers with tomatoes from the garden, lettuce, carmelized onions, cheese, and pickles. I'm also making potato salad...I'm going to try Pioneer Woman's recipe.
Sweets will be Grandma Ople's apple pie, again from All Recipes, made with America's Test Kitchen's crust recipe. It uses vodka and I've been dying to try it out! I've made the apple pie before (different crust) and it is a good, classic recipe. For something new and fun for the kids, we're also going to try to do funnel cakes!
Have a fantastic Fourth of July!
1 comment:
Sounds yummy...and ambitious! Hope it all turned out great!
Post a Comment