Lately Jacob has been drawing a LOT (this is a new development in the past 6 months or so). I have started buying him notebooks to draw in and he tends to fill one every week. Mostly he draws maps or mazes and does lots of math problems.
Today I was cleaning out his room and realized the little notebook that is supposed to go back and forth from school (parent teacher communication) was full of his drawings! I will have to buy a new one for class! I always look through his notebooks; to me it is a fascinating snapshot of what he is thinking about or interested in.
For the first time I saw captions on most of his drawings. What a treat!!! I can't wait for the day when he can explain his thoughts to us and this is a huge step. It felt like a magical Christmas present to thumb through the notebook and be able to read his words along with the pictures.
There are many new things there that I haven't see him draw or write or bring up before. And some sweet things like a little love note for me and a drawing of "Charie and Fin" (our dogs, Charlie and Finn). :)
I decided to record myself looking through the notebook so I can remember it later and also share with family and friends. This particular notebook is so special to me already.
The Youtube link is below:
Jacob's Notebook
It's not the shortest video but if you know and love Jacob you'll probably enjoy it almost as much as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment