Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ginger

On Thursday night, we told Natalie that she was going on a special trip with Daddy to the airport. They were going to have a "Daddy-Nattie" outing in honor of her birthday (next week) by going to look at the airplanes. She was so excited! She put on her shoes all by herself. Note that they are on backwards. And that she is very excited.Much to Natalie's surprise, she was actually at the airport to pick up her birthday present...a kitten! While she was at the airport, I was at home getting all the kitty stuff ready. Natalie came home and said, "Look! A kitty!!" I think she was in shock that Chris had actually let her bring the kitten home...


In the morning, as soon as Natalie got up she asked to see her kitty. We had set the kitten up in the bathroom, so I took Natalie in...


We talked about different names...Buttercup (Natalie wants to name everything Buttercup right now, so I was trying to steer her towards something...anything...else), Silver, Pepper, Ginger. Natalie said she liked "Ginger" but we decided we would still talk about it during the day before deciding.


Later in the day we also mulled around "Spots" (Because Natalie still has her toddler lisp, the way she says Spots is sooooo adorable!!) but she kept going back to "Ginger." So, we'd proudly like to introduce our new Ocicat, little Ginger...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. What a cute little kitten

Trish said...

Too cute, I have been thinking about getting a kitten since we had to put our cat down a couple of years ago.