http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50234
I was looking for recipes that wouldn't heat up the kitchen (since it's been 110+ degrees here this week!) and found this one on the Family Fun website. We made it tonight and thought it was awesome!
Besides the fact that it didn't heat up our kitchen, I liked that it was easy to have Natalie help me with it. I gave her the bowl and she stirred in all the ingredients. She also was sampling ham, olives, red peppers, and green onions while I chopped them up. She wanted to smell the olive oil, garlic, and the vinegar. It seemed like a fun activity for her, and resulted in a delicious dinner for us. Even Sydney loved it!
I did think it needed at touch more vinegar. But maybe that's because I don't like olives, so I didn't eat the ones in my bowl. I am sure they would have added a lot of flavor...
1 comment:
That sounds fantastic. I need some more warm weather menu ideas.
Post a Comment