Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Truth in Advertising?

This is pretty funny, in its own way, even if it was a waste of $35. I bought this "Bonzai Wild Waves Water Park" at Big Lots a couple of weeks ago for the kids. We were looking for a pool with it's own slide so that Jacob wasn't trying to make his own water slide and getting hurt. This is what the package pictures: Apparently these are all very teeny tiny children. Because this is what my average-size 4-year old looked like in this pool (we didn't put up the basketball hoop):


He couldn't even go DOWN the slide because if he put his feet out he basically just had to stand up. It wasn't long enough for any actual sliding. And there's no way you'd have room for two kids to lounge in the pool while a third slid in.

Great work with Photoshop, though!!

Just beware when buying a Bonzai (Manley Toys) pool. I looked around and apparently they do this with many of their package photos. You need to really read the dimensions! Well, at least the kids like the pool itself. And I think I'll bring the inflated slide in the house for them to climb around on...

Live and learn.

Here's a cute picture of Sydney on the same day...I cut up a pair of my old ski socks for her to put around her little knees. Her legs and knees are so rough from crawling around, it kills me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is annoying. Did you know that some apartments do that too? They have "show" apartments with furniture just a little smaller than average size to make the rooms look bigger... or at least this is what I was told once.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Love the "leg warmers"!

Sorry about the pool...that picture is really deceiving! Geez!
I hope they had fun anyway. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!