Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Artwork

Natalie's drawings have changed a lot over the past couple of weeks...they are looking more realistic (well, for a 3-year-old!) and she is putting in details she wouldn't have included before. I have started taking pictures of some of her creations this week and here are a few of my favorites:

This is a drawing of Chris and me. The part I love best is that this is the first time she wrote her name all by herself. Usually she asks me which letters come next and this was all from memory. A little mixed up but that's why I love it! She refuses to put an "i" in her name right now - she says there isn't an "i" in Natalie. Nat-a-LEEE. Ha! I also like that she added a "Y" and a drawing in the right corner. I asked what it was and she said "Y is for yo-yo!" I guess that little thing on the far right is a yo-yo. So cute!

This is a picture she drew of when she eats breakfast. Lately she's been getting up early and hanging out with Chris on the couch before anyone else gets up. She loves this time with her Daddy and gets upset if she misses it! So this is her lying on the couch with her breakfast, sitting next to him.
She asked me if she could make a picture of when Ginger (the kitten we had last year) left. This is what she came up with. I asked who the two people were and she said "Michelle and Kai!" Michelle is my friend who came to pick up Ginger and drove her to San Jose to be with her new family. Kai is her son, the same age as Natalie. My favorite part is Kai's hair...he has curly hair and I love how she drew it!!

1 comment:

Katrina and Co. said...

I love that Ginger has a stripey tail!