Monday, September 26, 2011

Ducks - an update

So here are some long overdue pictures & video of the ducks.  Speeders has been changing his colors for a few weeks now...his feathers are still short and scraggly in places but mostly he is done.  He is so pretty!  And Peck-a-beak has grown up into a big duck.  Well, not huge yet but he doesn't look like a baby anymore!

Speeders has kept a very calm personality.  I am not sure if it is the breed, or just him (he is a Rouen).  He walks away from me when I try to catch him, but he doesn't freak out and I can usually get him.  He doesn't kick and scream when I hold him, although he's definitely ready to get put back down!  He still knows Natalie is Mama and snuggles up with her, wrapping his head around her neck and pulling on her hair.  It is so cute to see the two of them together!

Peck-a-beak (our Pekin) is a silly, silly duck.  He's scared of all of us and runs like crazy when anyone comes near him, hollering like he is going to be that night's dinner.   Even Natalie has a tough time catching him.  He is 10 times louder than Speeders, or he just quacks 10 times as much, I think!!  He follows Speeders around and pretty much does whatever he sees Speeders doing.  :)

 He walks right up to her and immediately puts his head on her shoulder like this.  It's their thing.  Very cute.

 He just snuggles away.  :)

 This is Peck-a-beak....he's camera shy!
 Showing me how big Speeders' feet are.

Did you see how cute Natalie's shirt is?  Her Auntie Katie made it for her for her birthday.  She wants to wear it all the time. :)

Here is the video...
 Only a short time until the ducks go to the pond!!

No comments: