These pictures were taken Oct. 5. We just got a new game, Scatterpillar. The kids have been really enjoying it...love Natalie's reaction here!
Natalie had a friend over after school and she played along as well.This is sure to be one of my all-time favorite pictures of Jacob. This is his reaction when he filled up all the little caterpillar arms with balls (using a set of tongs). This is TOUGH to do, I even have trouble with it. The caterpillars arms wave back and forth and it is not easy to get the balls on each little hand! But Jacob was amazingly adept at it, and considering that he has trouble with fine motor tasks, he was as surprised as we were! His aide and I were so proud of him - there was a lot of hooting and hollering! But look at his face...a mixture of surprise and happiness. Jacob, like a lot of kids with autism, doesn't use a lot of facial expressions. I don't think I've seen this look on his face ever before. LOVE it. love it!!!
Still grinning a minute later!

No comments:
Post a Comment