Monday, October 24, 2011

Visiting the ducks

These pictures were taken Oct 16 when I took the girls over to the duck pond to see if we could find Speeders and Peck-a-beak.  We left them there a couple weeks prior, and couldn't find them when we went the weekend before.  Natalie was very upset, and so we headed back to see if we could locate them.  Here the girls are with their bucket of dog food...which is much better to feed the ducks than bread!
 These two were the closest we could find to looking like Speeders and Peck-a-beak but I don't think it was them.  Speeders' feet were not this bright orange, and the white duck was not nearly loud enough to be our Peck-a-beak.  So we are not sure where they are, and we were sad not to get some Speeders snuggles.  I am trying not to think about it because I don't want to imagine anything bad happening to them.  Maybe they walked off to the golf course across the street.  Or are just on the other side of the pond?
 Natalie in the background, trying to find her ducks.  Sydney had a ball throwing dog food into the water, and having all the ducks and geese go BONKERS to eat it.  She was had so much fun with this!
 "I'm feeding the ducks!!"  Happy girl. :)
 Natalie picked up the "maybe Peck-a-beak" duck...not a peep out of this one though.  Peck-a-beak would have been hollering!  I think.
 "Go on, duckie!"
We will try again soon...

No comments: