We carved our pumpkins on Sunday evening, out in the back yard. Jacob has enjoyed the pumpkins sitting around our house for the past week...here he is rolling his!
And then lying down and rolling it in front of his eyes.Sydney tends to have a lot of sensory issues (although she is working hard on them and making progress!) and won't touch most things that are sticky, wet, etc. I couldn't believe it when I saw her pulling pumpkin guts out with Natalie! Natalie said she showed Sydney how to do it and at first Sydney said, "No, no, no!" But then she watched Natalie and she joined in. Natalie is such a good teacher. :)
Mostly she used the scoop to get the insides out but that was still amazing. Good job, Sydney!
Jacob was still not feeling very well and I think that the insides of the pumpkins was a little more than he could handle. He sat off to the side while the rest of us scooped out the pumpkins. Here he is, looking a little....green...
The seeds were such a delight to Natalie, she couldn't believe how many were inside each pumpkin!
Chris
Natalie drew an intricate design on her pumpkin, with a house and a dragon. Chris got the job of trying to cut this out!
And then Jacob drew a face on his pumpkin and asked if he could carve it himself (he came up to me when I was about to start and said, "Jacob's turn?"). He's never been interested in this part, so of course I was happy to let him try! He went right to work after we showed him how to use the little pumpkin saw. He actually did a pretty good job!!
Here is Jacob, working so intently on his pumpkin!
No comments:
Post a Comment