Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jacob's turn

Sure enough, Jacob woke up Friday morning feeling AWFUL.  I am really thankful he woke up that way, though, and didn't come down with it two hours later at the pumpkin patch.  That way I was able to just keep him at home.  Whew! 

Poor guy was really, really sick all that day.  Seemed like influenza symptoms but he had his flu shot a couple weeks before so I am not sure.  He just would rotate from sitting in the tub for a half hour or so, then going back to bed and sleeping for a couple hours.  Repeat.  He would look over at me when I came in his room and just kind of moan, "Oooowie."  And of course refused to take any kind of medication that might have made him feel at least somewhat better.

Saturday morning when he came out of his room around 10:00...he smiled and just started to giggle.  I think he still felt pretty bad, but so much better than the day before. 

Today is Tuesday and I've still got him at home but he is doing much better.  He always gets asthma symptoms with a virus like that, so he's got an awful cough now and I think his abdomen, chest, and throat are pretty sore as a result.

No comments: