Sunday, June 24, 2012

Swimming Lessons

There have been weeks and weeks of swimming lessons around here already...I'm just getting a few pictures posted!  These were taken at the girls' morning classes on 6/18.  Right now Jacob is going to  special needs class in the evening at a completely different pool.  I have been saving up my "helper" time so that I can have someone take him and I don't have to go to two sets of lessons 4 days a week!  I do have some pictures of him on my iPad though and will post those as soon as I get them transferred over.  Anyhow, back to the girls!

Sydney is in her first summer of lessons...she had never been in a big pool before this summer!  I am so amazed at how well she is doing.  She is pretty much scared to death, but still can't wait to go each day and really tries hard.  I am SO proud of my little "polliwog"!!


Here she is blowing bubbles. 
 Attempting a back float with her instructor.  It has been VERY difficult for her not to hang on to the instructor for dear life while doing this.  Look at this picture, though...no hands!!!  She is definitely uncomfortable but still trying to smile.  :)
 Still no death-grip arms!!!
 Natalie has made it up to the goldfish class which means she is now actually SWIMMING in the pool.  I love it!!!  Here she is after she swam to her instructor (she is in water that is 7 feet deep!!!).

And going back across the pool....
Many more swimming pictures to come.  I have about a million of 'em... :)

No comments: