Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jacob...

is sick again. Yesterday in his morning therapy session he just wasn't acting like himself. Wanting to lie down on his breaks, and asking to be held. He still did his drills, though, and wasn't fussy or in a bad mood.

When he got his "all done" icon, he handed it to me and said "Want Bed." He went straight to my bed, burrowed under the covers, and slept for two hours. Then he stayed there looking at the ceiling for another hour. Definitely sick.

I took his temperature at about 3:00 and it was 103. He wasn't complaining about anything specific, and was just acting lethargic. He did have a flu shot in the fall, but the doctor's office said he probably has the flu anyway. Just not as bad as he would have had it otherwise.

During the afternoon I couldn't get him to drink or eat anything...which also means I couldn't get any medication into him. But when Chris got home he managed to get Jacob to drink part of a cup of Pediasure with ibuprofen in it. 20 minutes later Jacob was out of bed and on his swing in the hallway. Whew.

This morning he is saying his tummy hurts...he hasn't eaten for about 24 hours so that could be it, or just feeling yucky in general. He feels warm but I haven't taken his temperature yet. He is still hanging out in bed. We'll see how he does over the next few hours...we may be at the doctor's office this afternoon...

No comments: