Thursday, April 23, 2009

Star!

Sydney has been saying "dar" for star when playing with her star stacker, which I am pretty happy about. Last night she was sitting under the table and I heard her say it, so I investigated.

She had a small green star bead which Natalie must have dropped. I am thrilled that she knew it was also a star! Goooooooooo Sydney!

The words she is using now are:
- go
- no
- mamamamama (but only when upset and she is looking for me)
- star (dar)
- ball (bah)
- bath (beh)
- diaper seems to be emerging. When I change her, we talk about the diaper and she says "ay-pah." I think she has it receptively but I still haven't seen her pick a diaper up and label it.

Other accomplishments:
- she is making a car sound when she plays with one
- I also saw her pick up a toy dinosaur and it sounded like she said "roar!"
- She seems to be getting better with pointing to the right part during "Head-shoulders-knees-and-toes." She's definitely paying attention to those parts. I am pretty sure she has mouth, head, and nose down receptively.

No comments: