Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New language

Jacob said a few new things this weekend and I wanted to make sure I noted them... :)

- Walked up to the kitchen counter when I was cooking and said "Look at me!" We've prompted him to say this but it's the first time he's ever said it to me independently.

- We were in the hallway and he heard a fire engine sound from the television. He said, "I hear a fire engine." This is a big deal because not only have we been working on him independently labeling sounds in the environment, but he USED A FULL SENTENCE! Without being promted to! Usually he just says "Fire engine" or "Airplane" when he hears them.

- Tuesday morning he got up around 4 am and I was already up with Natalie. He saw me and said "Good morning." Another first!

He missed school yesterday afternoon because he is having asthma symptoms as his cold goes away and he was a little too wheezy for me to send. He was sooo sad and asked several times to go to school. He still had therapy at home, and we had some letter worksheets from when he missed school previously. His IA had him do them and she said it cheered him up. How cute is that? I am so glad he is liking his new class!!

No comments: