I wasn't sure I'd ever get pictures like the ones I am posting here.
This is JACOB with an APPLE in his MOUTH!!
And this is him holding it there. At his OWN choice!
He has been very interested in apples and this day (5/30) just asked me for one. I peeled it and he put it in his mouth. I picked myself up off the floor and got the camera.Just to remind those of you maybe not familiar with Jacob's eating history...he doesn't eat much (in terms of variety). He only eats one kind of fruit and that's the apple cherry puree from Gerber. And that just started a few weeks ago. No vegetables unless french fries count. We have had tons of food programs in therapy and it is just really tough for him. He does try though and it is obvious he WANTS to eat what he sees so many other people eating.
As he is getting older, he is getting braver. I am so proud of him for trying!!
He didn't actually take a bite of the apple, but put little teeth marks into it all over. He was just chomping down on it, probably sucking the juice. I'll take it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment