With Jacob out of school for a few days not feeling well, I am trying my best to keep him busy. Although he isn't obsessed with baking like he was in the spring, he still enjoys it and so we've tried out a few new recipes.
The other day we made Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookies. I thought they were good at first, but boy do they grow on you. They are ADDICTIVE the next day, the texture is chewy and soft. Thank goodness I put half the batch in the freezer, because I can't leave these alone! Sydney likes them a lot too. Jacob will not try them, but he did help make them!
Today we are trying some healthy muffins, called Magic Fruit & Veggie Cupcakes. Jacob loved mixing these all up because of all the cool stuff he got to put in. We tried ours with carrots, apples, and raisins he helped me chop up in the food processor. The first batch just came out of the oven and they smell great but I haven't had a chance to taste them yet. This is only the second time I've made mini muffins and I am still not sure how long to leave them before trying to get them out of the pan. I tried with one right away and made a big mess so I'll leave them for a bit and try again! We're going to make a little cream cheese frosting to drizzle on them later after they cool. Hopefully Jacob will give them a shot.
The other day we made Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookies. I thought they were good at first, but boy do they grow on you. They are ADDICTIVE the next day, the texture is chewy and soft. Thank goodness I put half the batch in the freezer, because I can't leave these alone! Sydney likes them a lot too. Jacob will not try them, but he did help make them!
Today we are trying some healthy muffins, called Magic Fruit & Veggie Cupcakes. Jacob loved mixing these all up because of all the cool stuff he got to put in. We tried ours with carrots, apples, and raisins he helped me chop up in the food processor. The first batch just came out of the oven and they smell great but I haven't had a chance to taste them yet. This is only the second time I've made mini muffins and I am still not sure how long to leave them before trying to get them out of the pan. I tried with one right away and made a big mess so I'll leave them for a bit and try again! We're going to make a little cream cheese frosting to drizzle on them later after they cool. Hopefully Jacob will give them a shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment