Last night Jacob wanted a can of apricots from the pantry. It was dented and so I tossed it out and tried to redirect him to a can of peaches. He won't eat any of these, but sometimes likes to look at them...we're all for food play here, in hopes that it will lead to tasting!
He didn't mind looking at the peaches, but still had his heart set on the apricots. I had to keep him from trying to get them out of the garbage.
This morning I found him back in the pantry, looking for more apricots. I told him that he had to go to school, but maybe afterwards we could go to the store and buy a new can. He seemed satisfied and we left it at that.
When I picked him up today, he started whining and acting upset when we pulled up to the driveway. I turned around to find out why he was upset...I really didn't know. He looked at me and said, "Apricots? Store?" I had to laugh because yes, I had promised.
So off we went to the grocery store. He seemed to think it was the wrong place when we drove up, and he was a little upset. Like...this is NOT where you would go to buy canned apricots! Wish I had a picture of where he thought we should have been headed! We went in and I showed him the aisle of canned fruits. His little eyes lit up and you should have seen his smile. We found just the right can of apricots, then went through self checkout.
He carried his bag of apricots to the car with a huge grin, humming all the way. As soon as we got home, I had to open the can and pour the apricots into a bowl for him. He carried the bowl around the house pretty much the rest of the day, and I found him at times lining apricots up on his bed.
I love that guy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment