
One of my favorite bloggers, Bonnie at House of Grace, is hosting a fall cleaning series to help us all get motivated. I love before and after pictures, so here is my little contribution today!
I have been getting our craft bins organized & cleaned out and the other day I tackled the painting supplies while Natalie used some of them. So this box is normally packed, but a lot of the stuff was being used while I took pictures!
Anyway, this is how it looked to begin with (although picture it stuffed to the top!). Not anything that would motivate you to want to paint!
I dumped everything out, then scrubbed the box. There was paint all over it! Next I put like items together.
I decided to put like items in their own ziploc bags to keep the box easier to go through. We often have therapy aids and babysitters using the supplies and I don't want them to have to dig through a bunch of stuff to get what they need. So there are bags with paint tools, brushes, watercolors, and stamps. The paints & do-a-dots will just stay open in the box.
Ah, much better. I really wanted to scrub down all the bottles of paint since they were a mess, but it wasn't worth the time. I had to force myself to put them away, covered in paint. This is good enough. Right? It still bugs me in the picture! LOL!
All done! :)
This week I also found some very useful stacking bins at Wal-Mart...3/$3! I have had trouble getting the cabinet where I store my spices organized, it is tall and thin and hard to reach. I found these to be a big help already:
Check out all the great organizing before & afters at Bonnie's!
3 comments:
I love the zip lock idea! I am tackling our playroom soon so I will have to keep that in mind! Thanks!
Sarah @threeboys-home@blogspot.com
Awesome job!!! I also use baggies for organizing! I bet your kids love their new bin.
Bonnie :)
great idea with the baggies, and i also would have had a hard time not washing off the bottles, but really, theyre just going to get painty again.
Post a Comment