Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday


The kids are finally getting better! Still coughing and sneezing and going through lots of tissues, but it is less each day...whew. Jacob went back to school yesterday and did well (today too). Natalie's cough is pretty nasty and she is complaining a lot but...that's Natalie! Sydney is just soldiering through it...coming up to me and wiping her nose on my pants, then looking up and sadly saying "Boogies."

Jacob has lost about 6 pounds in the past 5-6 weeks...he hasn't been eating as much with all the colds, plus he is switching over to drinking juice most of the time instead of milk. Pediasure is what keeps the weight on him, and he isn't wanting that as often either. His jeans were falling off of him yesterday (literally off his bottom!). He was on the heavier side before so it's nothing to worry about at this point, but I'm going to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't continue any further.

Yesterday we got an egg decorating kit for Easter and the kids all worked on eggs after dinner. I was surprised how into it Jacob was...I put dots of glue on his eggs and he applied sequins.

Natalie made beautiful floral designs with foam flowers and leaves, and Sydney mostly collected the eggs and talked about everything she saw. :)


I also have to share this little shot. Jacob earned a bath for good behavior & participation at school yesterday (he has a contract and if he gets enough "happy" faces, he gets to pick a big reward once he gets home...usually a bath). I put him in, then went down the hall to tell his IA something. Came back two minutes later and this is what I found:

Still in her jacket and shoes and diper. Sigh. ;)

2 comments:

Chelli said...

Hi!
Glad to hear that the kids are feeling better!

Keli said...

Aww That picture is priceless! Sounds like something my kids have done!
Thanks for stopping by my blog - glad to hear your kids are feeling better. I know how it is with sick little ones.
Have a great week!