Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday

Is it Wednesday already?? I am in a daze today from staying up late to watch LOST last night. It was worth it, though!!

Jacob is still out of school and therapy but I do have hope he'll be able to go tomorrow. His breathing has been terrible the past few days. He saw the pediatrician on Monday afternoon and was put on xopenex 3x a day, and pulmicort 2x a day, all through the nebulizer. Monday night I had to do more than that though...every 4 hours with the xopenex because he was really having to work to breath.

Thankfully today has been a lot better. He is still working to breath but it doesn't sound so scary, and he has energy and is running around. There is about 25% of the awful gagging/coughing that I heard on Monday. So all good signs.

I am reading a new book on my Kindle, called "Food Chaining." It is for kids like Jacob (and Sydney, actually) who don't eat normally. I am just starting it but it sounds very promising and I am hopeful it will help get some more foods into both kids. I have to see if there is a feeding clinic anywhere in our vacinity. That might be very helpful as well...

1 comment:

Chelli said...

Glad to hear that Jacob is feeling better!