So...would you be shocked if I told you I have three sick children here today? This is now our 5th week straight of colds, one after the last.
I cancelled everything for Jacob today and Sydney only had speech therapy (no OT). Last night Jacob and Natalie were both miserable and woke up a lot. Natalie even had some severe abdominal pains...I was close to waking Chris up and saying we should take her to the emergency room. I'll spare you the details but I think it turned out to be gas. ;)
So today we mostly just hung out...my project was to clean the living room and wash the floor in that area by hand (since I have to hand dry it anyway, figured I might as well). Natalie helped some. We did playdough, made Rice Crispy treats, went outside for a bit, etc.
I am enjoying the new language coming out of Sydney every day. This morning she took something back from her speech therapist and said, "Mine." A first. At another point in the day, she was sneezing and ran up to me in the kitchen - very sadly saying "Want God Bless You" - she wanted a tissue! I guess she associates having her nose wiped with us saying that. It was very sweet in typical Sydney fashion.
So tonight Natalie fell asleep early...she is still on the sofa and I am waiting for Sydney to fall asleep before I pick Natalie up and put her in her own bed. I am hoping that will go smoothly. I gave Jacob his melatonin a little early and he was out about ten minutes before 7:00. I love melatonin. His breathing is already very labored and wheezy - we did four breathing treatments over the past 24 hours.
Tomorrow we'll see if things are getting better or worse. I'm saying prayers!
1 comment:
3 at once - no fun! I hope everyone is starting to feel better soon.
Post a Comment