Friday, July 16, 2010

Cake

Sydney turns three tomorrow...sigh. Anyway, because we have SO much going on this month, I promised myself I would plan ahead for both girls' birthdays as much as I could. I was feeling good this morning because I've got her presents wrapped, decorations ready to put up, and the cake under control.

Yesterday I baked the cake, then put it in the freezer. Took it out today and did the basic frosting, then was planning to do the design (butterflies!) tonight.

I just opened the refrigerator and it looks like Jacob found the cake. SIGH. There is about a 6 inch swipe out of the side. Darn it!

I have been thinking about what to do. I think I'll make a butterfly shape out of what is left of this cake (it was a 9x13). Then bake another 9x13 and leave it a rectangle and put the butterfly on top. A lot of cake for our family, we might be passing it out tomorrow! LOL!

So now it looks like I will be cake frosting at midnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh no!! Sorry to hear about the cake. I hope you guys have a great party tomorrow though.