I think we have a super-mega crazy week coming up. Hopefully all goes well.
Jacob & Natalie start school on August 3rd...can you believe how early our district begins? I think it's nuts. Anyway...
So this is the last week! I signed them both up for vacation bible school M-F morning. Jacob is going with his aide and we thought it would be a good transition into going back to school for him. We'll see. Natalie is in with the preschoolers and it'll also help her get used to the whole "get up in the morning and go!" - she has never been in preschool. I am hoping they have fun.
Sydney will be back at home, in therapy. I have one respite person coming early in the morning so I can drive the other two to day camp, then another one coming again around noon so I can pick them back up again. Sydney is working on potty training...she is starting her third week of it tomorrow and she has been totally daytime dry for half a week now. We have to work on pulling her undies/pants down (if left to herself, she will sit on the potty with her underwear and/or pants still on...she'll pee on the potty in her pants! ha!), so hopefully that'll get conquered this week!
Then Jacob & Sydney have their regular afternoon therapies at home. I wanted to give Jacob some exposure to his new school and classroom (he is going to a different school this year than he did last, but still very close to home), so the teacher said we could drop by as many afternoons as we wanted to and he can sit in the room, do some of his therapy work , just hang out and get used to it. That means a trip over to the school most afternoons this week. Thankfully my noon time respite person is staying!
THEN Jacob & Natalie have swimming in the late afternoon, Mon-Thurs. They are both doing so well, I love to watch them. Right now they are in the same class which makes it easier for me! Natalie is putting her face in, continuing to practice her back float, and has started blowing bubbles with her nose instead of her mouth. Last week she jumped in one time without holding the teacher's hand...a big step! Jacob had one really bad day last week when he took too long to jump in and so we finally told him he had to do it or that was it...and when he didn't, his aide had to take him away kicking and screaming. He waits all day to get that one jump in the pool, even though it sometimes takes him awhile to work up the courage. He cried all evening over that, and the next night got to jump in twice. Very little delay that time!
In addition, we have Natalie's birthday on Wednesday (FIVE!!!) and Jacob's IEP is scheduled for Friday. Then on Saturday is the girls' birthday party...there is a "nature" lady coming to bring all kinds of reptiles and rain forest animals for the kids to learn about and hold. I don't think I mentioned it here yet, but I don't want to forget. I overheard Natalie telling Jenn that "a naked lady" was coming to the party. So I really stressed the "NATURE" part of it with her! I wish I had a picture of Jenn's face though. :)
And I am trying not to forget in the midst of this all, I need to get the kids ready to start school next week!
So wish me luck. And energy. It's going to be nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment