It's been a busy day! Both Jacob and Sydney had morning and afternoon therapy sessions, plus Sydney had speech therapy at the end of the day.
This morning Sydney started day 2 of potty training. The phase she was on had her staying 3-6 feet from the bathroom, attended by aide and/or parent. She did great, just one accident which happened a minute after she had gone on the potty. I think she just didn't stay there long enough. But every other time she just got up and went all by herself. YEAH!!!!! By the end of the day she had moved to being 6-12 feet away from the bathroom, unattended. I am amazed to see her going along so well with it. And again, so thankful for the help from her therapy company. :)
Swimming went great for Jacob and Natalie. Natalie is really progressing since she started putting her face in the water last Thursday...it's fantastic! Today I saw her do the back float totally on her own for about 5-10 seconds...what a happy face she had! And she kept going under water to catch rings from her teachers...I am still shocked to see her going under so freely. I also saw her floating on her back and then the teacher taps her head and she flips to face down, then back up, and then down again. I was impressed! Tomorrow is the last day in this two week swimming session and I know I need to sign her up for another. I think she can move up to the "tadpole" level, and might even be doing a little swimming after another session!
Jacob jumped in the pool at about 4 1/2 feet deep after his class was over (we've made an agreement with the teachers to let him jump in after class). He only hesitated for a second or so after the teacher counted down and then he JUMPED with a big grin. And just laughed when he came up, no asking for a towel or acting upset or scared. Loved it! :)
Sydney also had speech therapy tonight...she is doing really well with her speech progress. All that ABA time is paying off because they are requiring her to request things using full (although short!) sentences. She can't say "Want milk," it has to be "can I have milk?" or something like that. Her therapist wants us to start having her concentrate on attributes...do you want the pink cup or the green one? Which horse is running? Show me the boy who has a green shirt on...ETC.
Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy. Morning and afternoon aba for Sydney & Jacob. Two different respite workers. OT in the afternoon (overlapping with ABA) for Jacob. Last night of swimming. And I need to get some paperwork done, phone calls made, and prep for Sydney's birthday on Saturday. Not to mention POTTY TRAINING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment