Saturday, May 19, 2012

Finn

We got a new puppy today!  He is a 12-week-old boxer named Finn.  I saw an advertisement for him a few days ago and contacted the owner, then Chris and Natalie went today to check out the two remaining puppies from the litter. 

This little guy was the quieter of the two, and Chris said he just curled right up in Natalie's arms when she held him.  I liked his markings better too.  So I was thrilled when Chris called and said they were coming home with a puppy!

It's only been a day but we have been so impressed with him.  He is super sweet and cuddly, and very well behaved.  I expected a much crazier puppy!  We'll see how the week plays out though... ;)

It took us a few hours to settle on the name Finn.  Other names we seriously tossed around were Fischer, Cooper, Sam, Jack, and Oz (Natalie so wanted to name him Oz for awhile!).  I probably would have picked Jack but Natalie said no.  After Oz her favorite was Finn so that's what we settled on.  It seems to fit him!

Here he is just a bit after getting to our house...he was tired!
 Falling asleep on Natalie's lap, he peeked open is eyes to see what I was doing.
 Laughing at Finn....
 He didn't want to eat much at first, so Natalie tried to entice him.  It worked.
 He loves the beanbag chair!  Thankfully we have two of them because the other one is one of Charlie's favorite spots.  What is it about $10 beanbag chairs? 
He's sleeping on my lap right now....I am going to have to force myself to go put him in his bed! 

No comments: