We are planning a camping trip with Chris' parents in a few weeks and I am starting to look at some safety products to help keep our peace of mind! In addition to it being a wooded area, there is a lake at the campground, so we'll have to keep a very close eye on Jacob.
A few products I'm looking into:
- Temporary tattoos! These sound pretty cool. They say "I have autism" (there are also general ones for typical kids) and have a spot to write contact info. They can be used for day trips, camping, etc.
- ionKids system for tracking up to 4 kids. Expensive, but if it works it would be worth it. "ionKids lets you set a variable zone around the base unit so you will know when your child wanders to far."
- "Mommy I'm Here" bear-shaped child locator. This has pretty good reviews and is inexpensive. The only issue is that it doesn't tell you if your child has wandered off, it just helps find them if you are searching for them. Definitely valuable, but it wouldn't help if we didn't notice that Jacob had slipped off. Still might get it though, because it could help find him quickly if we did notice him being out of sight.
I'm still looking, but these are the products of interest I've come up with so far...
No comments:
Post a Comment