Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lovin' Palin

I'm not one for political speeches and usually have to force myself to watch them. Last night we watched some of the Republican National Convention and saw Sarah Palin speak. Wow! I couldn't tear myself away! I am really excited about her as the VP candidate.

I loved all of what she had to say, but as the mom of a boy with autism, my favorite was:


Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.


And children with special needs inspire a special love.


To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.


I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I watched and thought she was fantastic! Very exciting times. :)

Anonymous said...

"To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.
I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!! I am excited about special needs issues being in the media spotlight! That transcends party lines.

Kim said...

I agree! Hooray for Sarah Palin!
And your family looks very sweet--keep up the good work, Mommy! :)