We had some awesome cinnamon rolls yesterday! I used the recipe for Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls off of the Heavenly Homemakers website.I've never made cinnamon rolls with whole wheat before so I was wondering how soft and light they'd be. To be fair, I only had 4 cups of whole wheat flour left, so ours were half whole wheat, half all-purpose flour. But they were SO delicious! Very soft and...mmmmmmyummmy.
I made the dough on Sunday night, then on Monday morning Natalie helped me roll it out and put on the cinnamon, sugar, and butter (we used regular sugar). She also did the frosting.
Even JACOB has been eating these! He calls them donuts, though. At first I had to use a reinforcer to get him to try them, but now he is sneaking them from off of the tray so that's a good
thing!Also, the dough made a ton of rolls...I had a full 9x13 pan with 4 left over, and that was just HALF the dough. I've got the other half in the freezer for another day. :)
3 comments:
Umm, I'm pretty sure there is a law that says you're supposed to send any extra cinnamon rolls overnight to your sister... I know you are busy, so I'll forgive the fact that you forgot this time. ;)
Yeah, um, I'm tooooo busy. Or too addicted to them to share!!
Yum! Those sound delicious. I host Cinnamon Roll Saturdays, or I also like to use the phrase, Sugary Overload Saturday for/with my inlaws several times a month. My 3 year old daughter is in love with cinnamon rolls and could put any grown man to shame on the amount she can eat. I will have to try making the whole wheat version as my health conscious husband always forgoes the cinnamon roll for some plain scrambled eggs. He will be ecstatic for the "healthy" version. ;) P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!
Post a Comment