It's over 100 degrees here today, so Natalie and I thought it was a good afternoon for a bowl of ice cream. We didn't have any sauce to go on top of our plain vanilla ice cream, so we looked some recipes up. We decided on this chocolate sauce from allrecipes.com:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Fudge-Sauce/Detail.aspx
Oh my. Is it okay to just drink the sauce?
A few tips if you decide to make it. It makes a LOT of sauce, and we even just cut the recipe in half. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1/3 cup of chips = 2 ounces. I think.
AND....I got Jacob to eat graham crackers dipped in this sauce!! Usually he will not eat graham crackers - he really doesn't like their texture. So the fact that he was willing to tolerate them in order to have some of the sauce tells you something!
2 comments:
wow, its been forever since I made my own chocolate sauce. Probably in culinary school....like 5 years ago! I think you just inspired me to try it! :)
Sounds awesome! I have always just been a Hershey's syrup kind of girl, but I will have to give this a try. :)
Post a Comment