We just picked up Cranium's "Cariboo" game for the kids and LOVE it! We've been trying for some time to work on game playing with Jacob. He will play some basic ones with us or in therapy, but for the most part he doesn't seem to enjoy them very much yet. He has learned a lot about turn-taking and playing by the rules...but I'd like to see some happiness too.
We found it with Cariboo! It's a game I can play with Jacob & Natalie at the same time. They both "get" it, it's fun, and Jacob asks to play again! I had such a nice time with him last night, sprawled out in the hallway playing it together.
Oh, and did I mention it's educational too? It involves counting as well as shape and color recognition!
2 comments:
Wow that is so great to here I would love to see that how cute!!!!! I know how hard it can be to catch on the games and turn taking I am so ecited to hear that!!!! He is making such great progress!!! I cant wait to see you guys again I will hopfully be able to pass by this week!
Hi! Found your blog through another blog that I follow and had to comment about the whole games thing. I have a 6 year old on the spectrum and we've just really started trying to play games with him this year. There are so many good Cranium games but one that we've had a great deal of success with is Hulabaloo. It's kind of like a combination of simon says and twister. It's physical but also makes the kids work on their listening skills. We've also started playing another game called Zingo which is a word based bingo game. Great for matching and language skills.
When you have a free minute, stop by the blog that we keep for my son's autism service dog: charliethenorthstardog.blogspot.com
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment