Monday, October 6, 2008

Just plain weird.

We have had a Dyson vacuum for a few years. It isn't suctioning as well as it normally does, so I went online to figure out what I needed to do. I figured something needed to be cleaned out.

So after some searching I found a site with info on cleaning all the various parts and I decided to go ahead and do everything since I rarely do. Bad, I know. But I have other priorities... ;)

Anyway, I popped the lid off the thing that holds the Hepa filter and...surprise...it was EMPTY!! No filter! This is supposed to be a lifetime filter that you never replace. And it's supposed to be washed every 6 months but I didn't know that and, obviously, haven't ever done it. So where's the filter??

I called Chris and he's never opened it up either. Apparently we received a vacuum without the hepa filter. And we've been using it forever that way. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Gross. Blech.

Now I have to wait to get one in the mail from Dyson...nobody sells the replacement locally since it's supposed to be a lifetime product!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

So where is all the stuff you vacuumed up???