A few wonderful things Jacob has said and done in the past few days:
- He was crying at school on Friday and his supervisor called to have me come pick him up. She wasn't sure if he was feeling well or not. When I got there, he looked up at me in the doorway and smiled, saying "Mommy!" That was the first time in his life. Well, he's said Mommy before, but not in that way...me just arriving in a room or place and him seeing me, registering it with a grin AND saying my name. He also said my name with the appropriate emotion and tone -very obviously a "Mommy's here to help me, I'm so relieved" tone in his voice...
- Yesterday he came up to me and said "Mommy. Daddy. Play!" and then ran over and jumped on Chris who was sitting on the couch.
- Last night he tried a piece of macaroni & cheese all ON HIS OWN!!! He has been more interested when they've been serving it at school lately, and his IA said he was taking spoonfuls and bringing them up to his mouth last week but just couldn't get them IN. So I had him watch me make it last night and he was really observant. I gave him is own plate and then we just left him alone. He played with it for a long time, then started feeding some to Chris and me. Then I was sitting in the living room and heard the tell-tale gagging he often does when he tries a new food he is scared of. He came running into the living room, chewing, and said "You did it!" and started jumping around. He looked disgusted and thrilled all at the same time. So we had a big cheer for him and he got a piece of chocolate as a reward. AWESOME.
3 comments:
Yeah Jacob!!! Woohoo!!! I can only imagine what the "Mommy Moment" felt like... I send him big hugs from Texas!
That's awesome!
Awesome, that is great progress! The "Mommy" part brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment