I just realized I haven't posted in a week. Guess we've been busy around here! The kids have all been sick with a cold again this week so that has kept my hands even more full than usual.
Jacob's been sleeping poorly (even for him) and has woken up at 2 or 3 am (for the DAY) several times. This means I've been up since 2 or 3 am many days as well, so I am fairly fuzzy-headed at this point!
I took Jacob to an allergist for the first time a little over a week ago and the doctor said he thinks Jacob is probably dealing with "multiple" issues. He seems to have a runny nose way too often, coughs a lot, has rashes, and is developing asthma. So tomorrow (Monday) afternoon I am scheduled to bring him in for some testing.
I am not sure how he'll react to all the little pokes he is going to be getting up and down his arms, and am praying he doesn't mind too much. Usually he handles shots (as long as he can see them) well, but he's never gotten poked with a needle dozens of times in one sitting. I am SO eager though to find out what things he is allergic to so that we can make him more comfortable.
I also had to bring Jacob in to the dentist this past Thursday. For a couple days he had been saying "Owie tooth" and pointing to one of his front bottom teeth. Luckily we had x-rays done recently and just hadn't seen the dentist for the exam so that made this visit much easier. He was VERY nervous and scared but I was so proud of Jacob. The dentist was able to do the exam and said that the area Jacob had been complaining about was fine.
He does have a tiny cavitity, but it's on the other side of his mouth! In therapy they do regularly practice "going to the dentist" with Jacob and I am so glad...it definitely helps make the experience less traumatic for him.
It's another busy week coming up. Jacob has his allergy testing, and I've got his IPP with the regional center and his staff meeting, plus some work to do in order to get more respite hours. Chris is also going to the doctor this week, and Charlie has to go in for his shots.
Oh, and I am going to try to get a rare haircut. I got a visit this week from Jacob's clinical supervisor and the director of the therapy company use. I'm not looking my best these days due to stress, lack of sleep, and lack of time; I think they are a little concerned that I'm about to lose my mind. Not so, but hopefully a haircut and a little makeup will make me look and feel a little more human!
1 comment:
Yay for haircuts! I don't know how you function on such little sleep, but it's amazing! Hope you find out what's bothering the little guy. Once we had Sam tested and put on zyrtec, he has done much better! Good luck at the doc today!
Post a Comment