Thursday, May 27, 2010

Feeding Therapy #1

Sydney has been assigned a fabulous, wonderful, totally awesome feeding therapist. She will be coming out to work with Sydney weekly until she turns three in July. She uses a lot of the methods discussed in Cheri Fraker's food chaining book. If any of you have a child with special needs and are having eating issues, I highly recommend reading this one!

These pictures are from the first visit (5/13), which was an assessment. Here, the therapist is putting out a piece of paper for her and Sydney to draw on with yogurt. Sydney is intrigued. Paper with food?
They made happy faces on the paper, then moved to decorating an apple pancake (something Sydney will only eat occasionally). Here is Sydney making a happy face on it with her yogurt.

Yum. I think.

She did great that first day...she ended up eating almost the whole pancake when her therapist tore it up and used it as a dipper in her yogurt. Woohoo! :)
I hope to post some video of this session soon, too...

No comments: