Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Natalie - all grown up?

The other day Natalie went out with one of our babysitters, Charity. She had a wonderful time...crafting and shopping at Lakeshore Learning, visiting our new Whole Foods market (they have a kids play area, plus she got a balloon and a tasty snack!), stopping by some fountains and the play structure.

So after she got home, we talked about all the fun they had that day. Charity is one month away from having a baby of her own, so I asked Natalie if she thought Charity was going to be a good mommy. After pausing to think for a moment, she said, "Maybe she could be MY mommy?"

I protested, asking her if she was going to be leaving "me and Daddy?" Was she going to go live with Charity from now on? Because we would really miss her and want her to be OUR little girl! She thought some more, then said that she was going to go. Then she put her little hands up in the air and said, "Mom...I'm growing up!"

So apparently I'm not getting fired as her mom, but she is just reaching the age where she needs to move out on her own. She is three after all.

;)

No comments: