Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book

FOR TODAY, February 23, 2009

Outside My Window...
It's wet from the rain last night, and still quite breezy. Charlie is waiting to be let back in.


I am thinking...
About Lent

I am thankful for...
Getting to sleep from 6:30-8:00 this morning!

From the kitchen...
I'm eating butter & jam on sourdough toast. We have chocolate cake from Chris' birthday celebration yesterday, and I'm thinking about how to use some ground turkey for dinner tonight. I'd also like to make some strawberry bread today, but we'll see...

I am wearing...
My pajamas...flannel polka dotted pants and a blue sweatshirt

I am creating...
I am thinking about some Lenten activities to do with the kids, particularly Natalie. That will probably mean some crafting today and tomorrow! I saw an idea about making a foam cross, and then you put mosaic pieces on it when you see the child doing something good...hoping to try that...

I am going...
Nowhere today, I hope!

I am reading...
The "What is Lent?" series on CatholicCulture.org

I am hoping...
To get a TON of stuff done today!

I am hearing...
A scarily quiet house. Something must be wrong.

Around the house...
Jacob is starting therapy late this morning because his regular IA has a sore throat...
the substitute will be here at 9:30. We're making plans to have a friend come visit
Natalie in the next couple days and she's so excited!

One of my favorite things...
Natalie's interest in marriage this week. Very cute.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Church/ashes on Wednesday. A visit from Michelle & Kai. Letting Sydney cry-it-out
more in her crib this week and seeing if we can get her to sleep through the night.
My brother Eric's birthday later in the week.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Natalie wearing her play veil while using a wrench to loosen bolts on the table on Friday:

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Tamie! You were above my name on the Simple Woman Daybook linkie area, so thought I would visit you. What lovely children you have! I really loved your entry. Have a blessed week!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I really love this type of post. I think it so soothing to imagine people sitting in front of their computers, relaxing. Anyway, I also wanted to say hello and thanks for coming to visit me! I absolutely love Jodi Mindell and I would swear by her book for getting babies to sleep. We have a few months before our newborn is ready to be "trained," but I feel so good knowing that I have a plan for when that time comes. I hope it works for you too, and thanks for visiting my blog! :)
Carrie