Sydney was FINALLY baptized on Sunday! I can't believe it took us so long. Well, I can believe it, but I feel terrible. We are so glad it is done, though!
I took some pictures with a disposable camera and here are a few. I am relying on my brother and sister-in-law...and Sydney's Godparents...to send some better shots later on! They have an actual working camera!
Here's Sydney in the early afternoon. She stole Oma's cell phone and then ran behind the recliner (her hiding spot) to play with it. Sneaky!
Natalie went to McDonald's with Uncle Eric to pick up lunch and here they are hanging out and eating...
Jacob wanted terribly to get into the cake while I frosted & decorated it. I was so proud of him for controlling himself! And yes, he is shirtless in February. He pretty much refuses to wear a shirt right now unless we are out somewhere or he is in therapy.
Oma got her dressed for me...
And of course she had to do some dancing right away...
Then she fell asleep on her Godmother (and aunt!) Christine's lap!
Here is the cake I made her...and am trying not to polish off today (I am soooo in love with white cake and sickly sweet buttercream frosting!! Horrible, I know. I can't help it.)

The baptism went well once we finally had it...apparently I although I called and spoke with the coordinator and she was "on the schedule" for her baptism, I didn't fill out the required form. So she was dropped from the schedule and nobody called to ask me about it.
We got to the church and caused a stir because we weren't on "the schedule." The deacon and coordinator kept telling me I needed to fill out THE FORM. Well, finally I got them to give it to me and I filled out the information in about 3 minutes. I am not sure what all the fuss was about.
So they did all the other children (I think there were four) and then afterwards the deacon did a private baptism for Sydney. It was very nice and she did great...a little surprised by the water but she rolled with it just like she usually does!
We were just missing Chris parents - due to some extreme weather conditions in their neck of the woods, they couldn't make the drive over. And we had some howling wind and rain in our neighborhood too...not the best match for dresses and tights, but we got through it! Overall it was a lovely day!
No comments:
Post a Comment