Sydney's been using some great language today!
This morning when we dropped Jacob off at school, she said her speech therapist's name as we drove up. Just last week she started having her speech sessions at Jacob's school (this works out better than having them at her preschool...it is the same therapist), so she's done it 3x so far. I was impressed that she associated the school with speech so quickly. The cute part was that when I pulled up to the front of the school a minute later, she yelled, "I NEED Miss Barbi!!"
At lunchtime, I heard her fussing in her room over something. A minute later she came up to me in tears, with her Easter shoes in her hands. Pink slippers with pretty bows on them...but a little too small for her feet now. She was angry that she couldn't get them on. She handed them to me with a very sad face and said "Help me please."
We've been working on those requests, and this was done so appropriately! We managed to s-q-u-e-e-z-e them on and she looked up at me with a big grin mixed with tears and said so sweetly...."THANKS for your help, mama!" Her voice sounded so relieved! This phrase was a first, not something we've practiced, and it too was so appropriately said. Adorable, in fact. I wish I had it recorded.
Just now after I helped her go potty, she said "thanks for your help!" again, but this was said quickly and lightheartedly...again appropriate to the situation.
It is so much fun to see all of her progress!
This morning when we dropped Jacob off at school, she said her speech therapist's name as we drove up. Just last week she started having her speech sessions at Jacob's school (this works out better than having them at her preschool...it is the same therapist), so she's done it 3x so far. I was impressed that she associated the school with speech so quickly. The cute part was that when I pulled up to the front of the school a minute later, she yelled, "I NEED Miss Barbi!!"
At lunchtime, I heard her fussing in her room over something. A minute later she came up to me in tears, with her Easter shoes in her hands. Pink slippers with pretty bows on them...but a little too small for her feet now. She was angry that she couldn't get them on. She handed them to me with a very sad face and said "Help me please."
We've been working on those requests, and this was done so appropriately! We managed to s-q-u-e-e-z-e them on and she looked up at me with a big grin mixed with tears and said so sweetly...."THANKS for your help, mama!" Her voice sounded so relieved! This phrase was a first, not something we've practiced, and it too was so appropriately said. Adorable, in fact. I wish I had it recorded.
Just now after I helped her go potty, she said "thanks for your help!" again, but this was said quickly and lightheartedly...again appropriate to the situation.
It is so much fun to see all of her progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment