I thought I'd just post a little update on everyone in general....
Chris - Is working hard at his new job and staying busy. We're trying to get him home before 8 pm! He is putting the finishing touches on the girls' bedroom (extra drawers in the closet system, installing new blinds, etc) and is in the next week or two will be building some raised planters for our back yard and planting a vegetable garden with the kids! Natalie already started some tomato seeds which just began to sprout this week.
Me - Still figuring out the whole dental thing. I went to an orthodontist yesterday to see what he thought about pulling my two molars vs. root canals and he said to do whatever was best for the teeth. The side where he thinks it would be helpful to pull a tooth isn't one of the ones where I need a tooth pulled (or a root canal for). Is that Murphy's Law or what?!? I am also trying to get a haircut. Seems like an easy thing, but considering we only have one car and we have three very small children it is difficult for me to get out. I haven't had it cut since OCTOBER! Teeth and hair. Those are my big to-do's this week! I'm also VERY excited that we just ordered a new sofa & recliner. Can't wait for those to arrive!
Jacob - Has been loving the warmer weather because he can play with the water almost every day. He discovered Bugs Bunny over the weekend and is in LOVE with Looney Tunes! He has been working in therapy this week for "Rabbit TV" - an episode of Bugs Bunny we have recorded on the DVR. He also has been eating yogurt at school and even ate a whole one here at the house for me one night this week! And continuing to eat peanut butter!!! Yeah! His teacher also called me and told me what a joy he is to have in the classroom. :)
Natalie - Whew. Lots of rebellion this week...she is really testing the whole "NO" thing. She also has started using the phrase "Never AGAIN!" when she gets mad. So if she is upset she'll say something like, "I'll never be Natalie AGAIN!" or "I never want chocolate milk AGAIN!!" This is meant to make me very sad, apparently. ;) She is such a two-year-old. She is also being her usual charming and cute self when she's not disagreeing with us. She wakes up so cute in the morning...bouncing out to the living room saying, "Good morning, Mom! I'm so glad to see you!"
Sydney - New tooth coming in, as I posted about last week. We are also starting to let her do some crying it out and WHEW we are learning that she can really hold out for something if she wants to. As I learn more about her personality it really seems that she is mostly a mellow, easy going kid but that there are a few things she will hold out until the end for. So if she decides she really wants something...LOOK OUT. She is not to be messed with! She is trying to stand up all on her own and now can do it for about 30 seconds if she gets a good run. Lots of 3-second attempts that end in her crashing onto her bottom!
No comments:
Post a Comment