Jacob is starting to use more whole phrases when he talks, but he tends to speak very quickly (and softly!) so it can be difficult to understand what he is saying. His program supervisor decided to start using a pacing board with him in therap, which is working out so well!
Basically, the pacing board is a strip of paper with big yellow dots on it. He is supposed to point to a dot for each syllable...just doing this makes him slow down and focus on what he is saying.
The other day I was out in the living room and heard him using it and it just sounded so cute...I am still getting used to what it sounds like for a whole sentence to come out of his mouth! So I grabbed my camera and got some video of him saying, "Corinne, make me a ball." He was playing with floam with his IA and wanted her to roll it into balls for him.
This was pretty cute, but I was SO proud of him when about 20 minutes later he had been able to add a couple words to the sentence and was now saying, "Corinne, will you make me a ball?" That's a mouthful for him!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JACOB!
Here's a sample of our little man hard at work with the pacing board:
1 comment:
Wow! That is so great! :)
Post a Comment