Friday, May 2, 2008

Steak & rolls

Chris requested a home-cooked meal tonight, so here's a couple new recipes I'm trying out:

Montreal Peppered Steak - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Montreal-Peppered-Steak/Detail.aspx

Soft Breadsticks - http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,164,150171-255200,00.html

Right now I've got the steak marinating and that was really easy to do. I am just going to put it under the broiler tonight.

We already baked the breadsticks and the girls and I are going to have to restrain ourselves! Sydney went to town on one of her own (she had a death grip on it!) and Natalie and I both had to be stopped after trying one. I think Natalie wanted to eat the whole batch (or would have kept going until she exploded). I was surprised how easy they were to make with Natalie...she wanted to help a lot! I had her roll the dough between her hands to make the "snakes" and also she brushed on the egg whites and then after they were baked she did the garlic butter. YUMMY! And I am proud of us for actually baking with yeast tonight!

I saved half the bread dough to use tomorrow...I bet I can turn it into some yummy cinnamon rolls. :)

1 comment:

Genevieve Hinson said...

April bloggers bring May offers

The bloggers blogging for autism awareness community has been extended. BlogNetNews.com has provided a way for us to continue blogging in very readable format that will also help raise money.

I'm posting this spammy-message because you are one of the original bloggers from April. To read more about how this works, or to opt out, please read this post here.


Thanks!

Genevieve