It's now Tuesday night and here's where we stand:
- No therapy today
- Jacob has had ONE sippy cup (8 oz) of pediasure today. He wouldn't drink ANYTHING during the night. He does seem to be getting better about drinking in the past few hours so I think I will be able to get more into him this evening and overnight. I asked his doctor's office about it and they said so far it is okay, as long as he is drinking a little and it doesn't last too much longer. Very frustrating, though!!
- I did put a dose of ibuprofen syrup in the Pediasure, so he got some of that throughout the day. I was hoping if he felt a little better in terms of a headache or sore throat, he might be more willing to eat & drink.
- We tried out a combination of 1/4 Grape Pedialyte (for the sweetness), 3/4 purple grape juice (very grapey flavor!) and had the steroid syrup flavored grape. I finally got him to take a few sips of it this afternoon, but he made a "yucky" face and would only take three sips, then rejected the sippy cup completely. And that was with just 1/4 tsp of the syrup in 8 ounces of juice. He's supposed to take way more than that.
- He is jumping around this afternoon and seems in fairly good spirits. But he is wheezy and whenever he jumps he starts a croupy sounding cough. His nose is also running.
SO. Tomorrow I will take him to his pediatrician. My wonderful friend Leslie called tonight and had some suggestions - she's had a lot of experience with breathing treatments for her three kids. She said we could do a nebulizer but just put the tube near his face so he breathes in the steam and not use the mask. So I will talk to his doctor about that. And find out if he does need an antibiotic or not.
Tonight we'll be trying to get the albuterol in him (he's had no problem with this mixed in his juice/milk before, but he is soooo suspicious right now I am not sure how it'll go tonight).
We'll see how it goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment