Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pancakes

I'm always looking for new pancake recipes to try...yet another form of bread that I just can't get enough of! Often I come back to this favorite, though. I found it awhile back on Allrecipes.com.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Good-Old-Fashioned-Pancakes/Detail.aspx

This morning we had it with blueberries sprinkled on top before I flipped them over. Natalie got a mouse-head shaped pancake with blueberries eyes & mouth...she was quite impressed. :) She keeps asking for more "boo-berries." Too bad Jacob won't eat them. He used to eat pancakes, but not for the past year or so. He says "No thank you!"

My favorite way to have them is with blueberry or strawberry sauce on top. I just boil some water in a saucepan with either some frozen blueberries or strawberries in it. After the berries get kind of mushy, I mix up some cornstarch and cold water and blend that in to thicken up the berry sauce. And with the blueberries I often squeeze in a little lemon juice. But that's about it, and it's a delicious way to get in some extra fruit for the day.

No comments: