Monday, January 21, 2008

Sleep?

Early this morning, around 2, Jacob woke with a very runny nose. Poor little guy! It was like a faucet and he was saying, "I got owie!" and holding his ears when he sneezed. I tried to lie down with him and get him back to sleep but I was dispensing tissues constantly...it was no use!

So we got up. Ugh. I put some benedryl in his juice and that took ages for him to get down. I waited for him to get more comfortable and grow tired. His nose DID slow down, but he didn't - he was wide awake! And it was still runny enough to be bugging him.

At 5:00 Chris and I traded places so that I could get a little bit of sleep before starting the day. When I got back up awhile later, Chris said Jacob was still "wired" and definitely not sleepy! It took me about an hour of debating, but I ended up cancelling his morning therapy session today because he does look like he is getting tired now. And I still am not sure what the runny nose is about. Yet another cold? Allergies?

Wish us luck this morning. Sleepy moms and cranky kids - never a fun combination!

UPDATE: 11:00 am. He is still up! Another dose of benedryl and the nose is slowing down but still runny. Anyone want to start bets on when I will find him asleep on the floor???

UPDATE: 1:30 pm. STILL up.


PM UPDATE: Well, Jacob made it through the day somehow! We cancelled therapy completely so he got the day off. He was definitely looking forward to bed in the evening. Chris found his FAVORITE movie (Ice Age) on television, so the two of them cuddled on the couch to watch it for awhile before bed (see picture!). And he did drift off around 8:00, much earlier than his usual time of 9:30.


1 comment:

Judith U. said...

Wow. Sounds like we had a similar night last night. Hopefully things are improving...

I love your blog! Your photos are incredibly beautiful. I'm so glad to have found you!