Thursday, April 17, 2008

The cold is spreading...

Last week I mentioned that Jacob was getting sick. Well, now it is making it's way through the house!

Jacob is still sick...very runny nose and a nasty sounding cough. He has been really tired. On Monday at school, he told his IA a couple of times, "I'm tired" (WOW!!) and sat down rather than playing on the play structure. For anyone who knows Jacob, you know what that says. I've never personally seen him turn down a playground! He has been sleeping later in the mornings, too...the picture at left is of him at 8:15 this morning (he starts therapy around 8:45!).


Natalie is getting the cough too and it doesn't sound good, either. Her nose has been stuffy and her face just has that "I have a cold" look! She also slept later this morning than I think she has since being a baby. This picture was also taken of her in her bed at 8:15 this morning...usually she is up and at 'em by 6:30 every morning!

Sydney has a runny nose and I am starting to notice the cough with her too. She had more trouble sleeping last night and is starting to have difficulty nursing and breathing at the same time. I took this shot of her after snapping the two of Jacob & Natalie sleeping...she was the only one awake at 8:15 this morning! And...just for you...I wiped all the snot off of her face before I took it. I thought it would be enough just to tell you she has a very runny nose...

I am getting the cough as well. Sigh. So I think I am going to make an appointment to bring 'em all in to the doctor tomorrow just to check, especially on the cough. I don't want to have three cases of bronchitis on our hands over the weekend without having seen the doctor!

Amazingly, Chris seems pretty healthy so far even though he is EXHAUSTED. He has gotten very little sleep this week due to taxes and other stuff going on. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hit with this next week...

2 comments:

Kel and Migs said...

It was probably Miguel's fault. I like to blame mysterious illnesses and plagues on Miguel. :) He's a finger licker, what can I say?

I hope the family gets healthy soon. I know it's a bummer.

Kel

TheFiveDays said...

Ha, ha, Kelly! Please thank Miguel for the awesome germ fest... ;)