This has been the year of the cold in our house. With Jacob starting preschool last fall, we've had so many colds and infections of all sorts to deal with. He literally was sick from mid-October until about three weeks ago, STRAIGHT. Just from one cold/bronchitis/sinus infection to the next. Poor guy.
I figured it'd just be this way until the summer, I've heard it's pretty common when a child first starts school.
I can't believe we even got a couple weeks of everyone being healthy!
But on Tuesday Jacob's nose started to really run and he was coughing and sneezing. Yesterday and today I cancelled therapy/school for him. During the night last night, he kept waking up and saying, "owie!"
It's a little frustrating when he gets sick because it is so hard to tell if it is a run-of-the-mill cold or not. Is his throat really sore? Does his head hurt? Do his ears hurt? We end up making lots of extra visits to the doctor to have him checked "just in case."
I think I will schedule a visit with the doctor for today or tomorrow, once again "just in case." I know a lot of the kids in his class are sick right now, and Erin, our wonderful babysitter, has strep throat. So there are a variety of things he could probably be coming down with!
I imagine by the weekend there will be lots more sniffles, sneezes, and coughs throughout the household. Woohoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment