Jacob has done SO MANY cool things over the past few days! Here is a partial list:- At left is my paparazzi picture of him eating ice cream. YES! Ice cream! He loved it last summer and then recently had totally stopped eating it. He'd just pretend to eat it and say, "yummy!" but wouldn't get even a lick of it. I started working on it with him last week, beginning with Dips (little frozen bon bons covered in chocolate). He liked those eventually, so I tried the cones while the kids were outside playing over the weekend. He walked around with it forever and then kind of hid and I saw him trying some. That's why this is a "sneaky" picture...I was pretending to ignore the fact that he was ACTUALLY EATING ice cream!
- Saturday night he asked for "crackers & butter." I had some Ritz crackers and peanut butter out - Natalie and I had been snacking. So I asked if he wanted peanut butter and he said "Yes please!" AWESOME!! Another food he used to eat, but had a bad experience with it last fall (threw up after having some sort of forced on him) and has gagged when he has seen it since then. He ended up eating about 8 Ritz crackers with peanut butter that night!
- Saturday I was playing with a ball with him. He threw it up in the air and said, "Be careful!"
- We were loading a game on the computer on Sunday and while we were waiting he said, "Come on!" His IA told me that she has been having him say this when he waits for her to get drill materials ready. ;)
- Tried pulling a classmate in a wagon at school and when he had trouble, he looked at his IA and said, "Heavy!"
- On his morning walk yesterday, passed up some dog poop on a lawn. He looked at his IA and said, "Smells." I can't believe he commented on the smell of something...that is totally a first.
There have been other things as well, this is just what quickly came to mind. He's having a great week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment