Our old, crappy oven caught on fire a few days ago...scary! But on the bright side, it means we can FINALLY get a decent oven!
In the 10 years Chris and I have been married, we've never had one...we've always just had the old, basic run down model that came with whatever house we were living in. And I LOVE to cook. Chris LOVES to eat. So we will put a nice oven to good use! :)
After some back and forth...I wanted to get a budget model with a flat top, but Chris thought we should splurge a little since we DO cook a lot and it's also a good investment for when we sell the house. After talking it over he convinced me to look at the double oven models.
At first I thought he was nuts and it was WAY too fancy for us. But then I realized we could get rid of our toaster oven (less clutter!) and use the smaller oven for most of our cooking, plus be able to cook at two different temperatures for bigger meals. COOL! I was sold.
Here's what we ended up with: http://www.maytag.com/catalog/product.jsp?cat=9&prod=89
Sears is delivering it tomorrow and Chris should have it hooked up in a few days. WOOHOO! I can't wait to cook! I am a little (lot) nervous about the flat ceramic top though. I am really looking forward to having a flat surface to wipe off, but I know they are very sensitive and easily damaged. And I am not easy on stuff...Chris says I need everything "industrial strength." I am saying a prayer.
2 comments:
That oven is awesome! We just had a small wall oven that the former owners of this house put in. My mom sent me a set of baking sheets and we had to give the largest one away because it wouldn't fit in the oven.
I'm sure the fire was not a fun experience, but glad this came out of it!
Thanks, Trish...I have it in now and am a little scared to use it. I don't want to do anything wrong! I am so excited, though! I made toast in it this morning and it was perfect. :)
Post a Comment